Thursday 24 September 2020

8 Australian slangs | Sounding more natural | Aussie accent

 8 Australian slangs | Sounding more natural | Aussie accent 


8 Australian slangs | Sounding more natural | Aussie accent



Hey! I'm back with Australian accent classes. Today exercise is to learn few Australian slangs for sounding more like an Australian and natural. Try to use these slangs with your friends. If you have an Australian then it's too good. 

Let's start our Today lesson

1. reckon - think

ex:- Who do you reckon I am?

2. Fortnight -  two weeks

ex:- Let's plan a trip for more than a Fortnight.

3. Pull your head in - stop acting poorly/ weirdly or stop what you are doing

ex:- 

4. I'm puffed- I'm out of breath

ex:- After exercising I'm puffed.

5. nut it out - figure it out

ex:- I've heard just about enough out of you mate, you'd best pull your head in.

6. under the pump - under the pressure

ex:- Now a days exams going on children are under the pump

7. doin' my head in - driving me crazy 

ex:- You are doin' my head in.

8. can be stuffed - can't be bothered

ex:- Whatever happens don't tell I can be stuffed.

Some of these maybe you've heard in U.K also cause Aussie or British accent accent at some points are same. BEST OF LUCK & HAVE A GOOD DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment